DCab Stays Close. Signs One Year With Nationals

Elon Os Fan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His ERA might move .40 or .50 below his American League ERA but DCab will always be a .500 or less pitcher who has a month of good work and a month and a half of bad work.

The Nationals, though, were probably wise to make a brief investment in him to see if they can get more good out of him than the O's did.

I wouldn't expect much from him in DC, overall.

Agree 100%. It just didn't make sense to me that his velocity dropped off so much last year. I think there must have been something wrong health wise last year. I am always leary letting someone with that kind of arm walk away at a still relatively young age. It was frustrating as hell watching him pitch at times, but it is not like we have better options. I fear we may have let him go one year too early.

I agree, but for Daniel sake, a change of scenery may be exactly what he needs.

His ERA might move .40 or .50 below his American League ERA but DCab will always be a .500 or less pitcher who has a month of good work and a month and a half of bad work.

The Nationals, though, were probably wise to make a brief investment in him to see if they can get more good out of him than the O's did.

I wouldn't expect much from him in DC, overall.

D-Cab was lit up in Camden Yards. I bet he does well (barring injury) in the far more spacious ballpark in DC, and feasts on NL hitters for the most part.

As a side note, can you imagine Daniel getting lifted for a pinch bunter because he can't get one down? :rofl:

Archived